Check Our Specialist Doctors talk About "100% Non-Surgical Knee Pain Treatment Options at Painex" on TV9 Marathi.
Check Out Video on "Non-Surgical Treatment Options for Knee Pain" By Dr Kashinath Bangar ( MBBS, DNB, FIPM, FIAPM )
Avoid Knee Surgery with Painex Clinic
Why is Knee Pain So Common?
The knee joint is a large hinge type of joint that consists of 3 bones, 3 joints, about 11 ligaments and 13 bursae. Thus, it is a complex joint. Also, due to standing, it has to bear almost the entire weight of the body. This is another price we humans have to pay for our erect posture. The weight borne by the knee increases manifold during running, jumping, etc. With age, the wearing of the articular cartilage causes friction and misalignment between the articular surfaces, leading to what we commonly know as osteoarthritis.
Causes of Knee Pain?
There may be several causes of knee pain. Some of the most common ones include:
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Ligament Injury
- Myofascial Pain
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Deformities of the knee (valgus/varus) leading to malalignment and secondary osteoarthritis
- Post-Trauma Osteoarthritis
How to Prevent Osteoarthritis / Knee Pain?
- Weight management: Being overweight/obese puts extra pressure on the already overburdened knee joint. Managing your weight and cutting down those extra pounds will definitely work wonders.
- Exercise: Regular exercise ensures the mobility and lubrication of the joint. However, caution must be exercised if you are overweight, as certain types of exercises like running, skipping, jumping, aerobics can damage your joint. In a damaged knee, exercises should be done only under expert supervision.
- Footwear: Even though this may seem like a minor point, proper footwear prevents or even reverses malalignment of the knee, acts as shock absorbers and prevents further damage to the joint.
- Avoidance of Squatting / Sitting Cross Legged: These postures further reduce the space in the knee joint leading to more friction. These postures should be consciously avoided.
100% Non-Surgical Knee Pain Treatments at Painex:
Following methods are used for the treatment of knee pain in non-surgical way:
- OPD Consultation / Pain Medication : Medicines may be prescribed which will reduce the pain. If needed long-term, adverse effects must be kept in mind. Over-the-counter pain killers, which are medically known as NSAIDs or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs act beautifully to reduce inflammation and pain. However, on long-term use, they are a disaster for the kidney (long term is not advised).
- Physiotherapy: This mainly focuses on quadriceps strengthening exercises.
- Intra-articular Epidural Injections / Genicular Nerve Block: In this treatment, the anaesthetic drug injected into the knee joint to reduce pain and inflammation.These daycare procedures are covered under insurance.
- Radio Frequency Ablation of Genicular Nerves: This gives long term pain relief. In this technique, nerves carrying pain sensations are permanently blocked with radio frequency ablation.These daycare procedures are covered under insurance.
- P-R -P. Injections ( These daycare procedures are covered under insurance.)
- Ergonomics & Lifestyle Counselling
- Nutrition Counselling for Weight Management
Why Choose Painex for Chronic Knee Pain ?
Painex Clinic has a team of the Best Specialist Doctors for Knee Pain in Pune. They are highly experienced Pain specialists and use Most-Advanced, 100% Non-Surgical (Minimally Invasive) Interventional Modalities or Treatments for Knee Pain. Our doctors have completed intense training in the field of Knee Pain Management and are one of the very few expert doctors for Knee Pain available in Pune.
- Avoided 9000+ Knee & Other Pain Related Surgeries.
- Treated More than 21000+ Patients Suffering from Various Knee & Other Related Problems
- Back to Work in 48 Hours.
- 100% Non-Surgical (Minimally Invasive), Most-Advanced, Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Options Available.
- 25+ Years Of Experience in the field of “Pain Management”
- Team Of Super Specialist Pain Doctors
- Treatments Covered Under Insurance
- Customised Treatment Plans based on the Pain Condition.
Knee pain is one of the most common problems we come across at Our Painex Pain Clinics.
For inquiries or booking appointment, call us on 8390442266 or Visit our appointment booking page -> Book an Appointment.