Check Out below Video on "Non-Surgical Treatments Options for Shoulder Pain / Frozen Shoulder" by Dr Nivedita Page (MBBS, MD, FIPM(Perth,AU) ,FIAPM).
Shoulder Pain is characterised by swollen tendons. There are several factors that can contribute to shoulder pain. The most prevalent cause is rotator cuff tendinitis.
- torn cartilage
- torn rotator cuff
- swollen tendons
- bone spurs (bony projections that develop along the edges of bones)
- nerve pinching
- broken shoulder or arm bone
- frozen shoulder
- dislocated shoulder
- injury due to overuse or repetitive use
- spinal cord injury
- heart attack
What is a Frozen Shoulder?
Frozen shoulder causes stiffness and pain in your shoulder joint. Its signs and symptoms typically begin gradually, worsen over time and then resolve, usually within one to three years. They must be treated immediately, especially when these injuries are due to any kind of accident.
Symptoms of Frozen Shoulder:
Frozen shoulder develops in three stages. Each stage can last for a couple of months.
- Freezing stage: In this stage, any movement of your shoulder causes pain that limits the motion of the shoulder.
- Frozen stage:Pain starts to reduce but your shoulder becomes stiffer, and using it becomes more difficult.
- Thawing stage:Movement of the shoulder starts to improve.
Treatments Available for Shoulder Pain and Frozen shoulder:
Following treatment methods are used to reduce shoulder pain:
Physiotherapy treatment works better for most of the shoulder problems. These techniques helps to improve your symptoms and help get your shoulder moving properly again.
Physiotherapy for shoulder pain varies based on whether the pain is short-term or long-term.
- Exercises to strengthen weakened muscles, change their co-ordination and improve function
- Advice on improving shoulder, neck and spine posture
- Exercises to ease or prevent stiffness
- Exercise to increase the range of joint movement
- Applying adhesive tape to the skin to reduce the strain on the tissues, and to help increase your awareness of the position of the shoulder and shoulder blade.
- Manual treatments to the soft tissues and joints – such as massage and manipulation.
- Occupational therapy
If shoulder pain is creating problem in daily activities, such as dressing, washing and driving, occupational therapy is recommended to reduce strain on your shoulder. The therapy helps you to regain your independence by showing you how to change your movements to help prevent pain continuing or returning.
- Epidural injections
Epidural injections in joint can give quick relief from shoulder pain. It is given with local anaesthesia. The Epidural injections can help to reduce inflammation and allows you to move your shoulder more comfortably.
It also helps to make your physiotherapy exercises easier, but you shouldn’t use your shoulder for anything too strenuous for the first two days after an injection.
- Joint Distension:
It is useful for the treatment of frozen shoulder. Sterile water is injected into the joint capsule can help stretch the tissue and make it easier to move the joint.
- Shoulder Manipulation:
It is useful for the treatment of frozen shoulder. In this procedure, a general anaesthetic is given to you to make you unconscious. Then your pain doctor moves your shoulder joint in different directions, to help loosen the tightened tissue.
Surgery is usually the last option. Most shoulder problems improve without surgery. But if any of the above techniques does not work, then surgery can be performed using keyhole techniques, which require a smaller incision and tend to reduce your recovery time.
100% Non-Surgical Shoulder Pain Treatment at Painex.
Painex is the one-stop solution for your shoulder pain ( including frozen shoulder ) treatment in Pune. If you have any difficulty in moving your arm, visit our pain specialists without any hesitation. They are well trained and can provide you the best solution for your frozen shoulder.
- Epidural Injections
- RFA (RadioFrequency Ablation)
- Plasma Therapy
- Nerve Blocks
- IMS (IntraMuscular Stimulations )
Painex clinic offers Multi-Disciplinary, Most-Advanced, Non-Surgical Interventional Treatment options for shoulder pain treatment. Our Pain Specialist Doctors are having years of experience in treating chronic Shoulder Pain. We provide personalised care to each patient.
Why Choose Painex?
- Consulted more than 21000+ Patients for Several Pain Conditions.
- Avoided 9000+ Surgeries
- Back to Work in 48 Hours.
- 100% Non-Surgical (Minimally Invasive), Most-Advanced, Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Options Available.
- 25+ Years Of Experience in the field of “Pain Management”
- Team Of Super Specialist Pain Doctors
- Customised Treatment Plans based on the Pain Condition.
For shoulder pain related inquiries or booking appointment, call us on 8390442266 or Visit our appointment booking page -> Book an Appointment.