Minimally Invasive Treatment for Diabetic Neuropathy
What is Diabetic Neuropathy?
Diabetes, is a multi system disorder and can harm the nerves resulting into what we call as “diabetic neuropathy”. About 60 to 70% patients with diabetes end up having neuropathy. Diabetes is the most common cause of neuropathy worldwide.
Why Does it Occur?
Development of Neuropathy in diabetes is mainly related to prolonged uncontrolled blood sugar. However a few risk factors have been identified.
1.Smoking, alcohol abuse
2.Age more than 40 years
3.History of periods of poor glycemic control.
4.Long duration of diabetes.
6.Ischaemic heart disease.
Diabetic Neuropathy Symptoms:
Depending on the location and type of nerve fibers involved, various types of neuropathies may be present, namely peripheral polyneuropathy, focal neuropathy, autonomic neuropathy etc. However, consult your doctor if you are diabetic and have any of the following symptoms.
1.Tingling and/or numbness in any part of the body
2.Burning foot pain, often worse at night. To know more about us, follow us here
3.Shooting pain in limbs
4.Abnormal touch, pain and temperature sensation in palms and soles, typically in a glove and stocking distribution
5.Repeated trauma to feet which was not perceived
Diabetic Neuropathic pain is typically a long lasting and nagging type of pain, which affects sleep, activity and overall quality of life.
Minimally Invasive Treatment Options Available at Painex
1. Medication– Apart from regular pain killers, medications which act on the nerves are prescribed, which may be needed to be taken long term
2. Sympathetic plexus blocks: Certain nerves which are responsible for muscle tone and vasculature in the legs are blocked either chemically or through Radiofrequency ablation. This may help relieve the pain
3. Dry needling/IMS– This simple technique involves use of acupuncture needles for stimulation of the muscles of the legs and feet. This helps in relaxation of the muscles, improved blood flow, better nerve conduction and pain relief.
4. B0-TX injection– Injection of B0-Tx into the skin of the feet helps in reduction of pain associated with diabetic neuropathy
5. Stimpod– This involves passing of an electrical current through the leg nerves, which helps in better nerve conduction, relaxation of muscles and relief of nerve related pain
Why to choose Painex for Diabetic Neuropathy Treatment?
At Painex, our consultants are specialised in treating Neuropathic Pain. They provide best Diabetic Neuropathy Treatment in Pune. Depending on the extent of your disease progress, a targeted pharmacotherapy will be given, keeping in mind the long standing nature of your pain and associated diabetes. For severe, intractable pain, other modalities in the form of “monitored intravenous infusions” may be recommended. Physiotherapy and counselling is offered as an adjunct.
“A Pain Free Life is just within your reach “…
- Treated More than 21000+ Patients Suffering from Various Pain Related Problems
- Minimally Invasive, Most-Advanced, Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Options Available.
- Back to work in 48 Hrs.
- 12+ Years Of Experience in the field of “Pain Management”
- Team Of Super Specialist Pain Doctors
- Customised Treatment Plans based on the Pain Condition.
Book an appointment with us today or call us on 8390442266.